Wednesday, May 25, 2011

B'day

Yet another year goes by in the birthday calendar for me. I am here far away from family yet enjoying the special day of my life just the way how I used to always. Started this habit of wearing saree to office on birthdays from the past 2 years and managed to do it this time as well - Thanks to mom, uncle and Dubai Postal Service :) Usually when I open my notepad and think to write a blog, words keep flowing and I don't stop unless someone in the next desk complains of the repeated key strokes made in the keyboard. But today I feel little different - I don't have anything to say - nothing to complain as well. Is it a good sign that I stopped thinking so much or is it that I am hiding something? :P

One good thing I am and I have started doing from this birthday is I am going to put aside a few bucks from my pocket every month for charity. I should thank my buddy who celebrates his birthday with me for inspiring me to do this. Happy Birthday to you as well young man. Ok chalo I shall tell you all about the birthdays I celebrated all this 25 years of my life. I don't think when I turned one, there was this big hush and party bustle. So my first 3 - 5 birthdays should be like any other days in year. All the 14 years of school life, never had been a year when I went to school celebrating the day. I have many times requested mom that I would celebrate 5 days later which is June 1st so that I need not wear the regular uniform and I can give sweets to all and get a birthday song sung by the whole class. But as you all know, mom is strict and has somehow all times, has deceived me well :) But then being simple is the mantra in our home and I don't have a single regret for it. I was never fond of birthday gifts and parties. So it didnot made any much difference.

There were some years I remember when I used to celebrate at my aunt's place. My aunt had that time owned a bakery and she would order for me a special cake. I would be so excited to check out how my birthday cake is made. I remember standing inside the dark oven place where the baker would be very neatly icing my cake :) Nice to see my own cake baked and getting ready for me na. Once or twice I celebrated in my granny's place where my uncle make sure that I have my best day. Later when in college, the usual bumps session and the surprise thrown by friends in hostel made my day. I remember the super surprise water balloon birthday which my cousin arranged for me 4 years back. With eyes closed, I was taken into a room decorated well and darkly lit. Once I entered, some 4 souls started hitting me with water balloons and i was like screaming and shouting. That was a lovely birthday I had of all times. Thank you Akshaya dear :)) and She gave me on that day a cute cute teddy - my tuffy which I miss so much today.

Stories and histories apart, I am thankful to all who has made my birthdays till today wonderful and will be always be close to my heart. Thank you guys. And one more thing - my gift to the girl who is celebrating her silver jubilee birthday is this.

7 comments:

  1. Happy birthday to you .. may all ur wishes come true ..

    and you presented the girl with a Iphone WOWO.. hey listen mine is 11th nov :) and I dont have a Iphone he he hhe

    Bikram's

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish you Happy Birthday Banu . . .
    May God Bless You for your bright & happy Future . .
    Keep Going

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Bikram ji - thank you :)) Wish you too get a iphone for 11th nov :)
    @Rajesh - Thank you for ur wishes

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats girl :) Happy Birthday to you and have a fab year ahead! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!

    Happy birthday. And I am slightly jealous of that girl now. iPhone!! And I have celebrated quite a few birthdays away from home. I know the feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Sakshi - Thank you so much :)))

    @Zeba - Seeing u here in this space for the first time. thanks for dropping by and thank u so much for your wishes..

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey..wish you a very happy birthday.. (belated one)

    I hope you had a great time :)

    Keep Blogging !!

    ReplyDelete