Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Happy Surprises on Weekdays

My days from Monday - Friday usually is a routine just like many others where I go office and after a day's work return home, have home food and sleep after night surfing in the TV/reading a book. But today and yesterday were a bit different than the rest. The reason is I am back in Hyderabad for a official trip and the week is going fantastic till now. Yesterday at 4.pm in the evening, I had this sudden surge and overwhelming desire to hit Coffee day and treat my taste buds with the chocolate dripping brownie. I can't resist myself to such sudden cravings. I rarely feel eating chocolate - and yesterday was one such day. I was fortunate to have my sister giving me company to Coffee day. We ordered that Sizzle Dazzle Brownie and it was just really fire and ice meeting together. The chocolate brownie filled with nuts and the dark steaming sauce dripping in the sizzling plate with a vanilla scoop on the top -- it was mouth watering. I tasted and enjoyed thoroughly each and every spoon of it. I was like over-excited and put a hot spoon of the sauce in my tongue and it burnt my tongue and I can feel the difference in the tongue even after 24 hours of eating that. :) :) After this wonderful desert, ma and my sister had a nice roaming in the craft village near by and the day ended with a finger-licking KFC dinner treat.

Today is more exciting than yesterday and a bit surprising even. Before the surprise, a small recap - I am a small fan of Michael Crichton books. The speed with which his story moves enthralls me. Some years back, when my cousin was clearing his old book shelf, We(me and my sister) had borrowed(read as:need not return) few old books of Crichton, Sheldon. One book is the "Sphere" novel by Crichton. 3 months back, I got hold of the old novel and started reading it on a journey from Secunderabad to Chennai in Charminar Express. Missed the book in the train itself due to my negligence and felt so bad so bad in losing a precious book. It was a wonderful book and I tried searching it almost everywhere I could, in Chennai but with vain. Tried buying it online even, but ended up reading a e book format. The passion to finish the book was so much that I downloaded it to my phone and kept reading whenever I find time Finally, after all these days, today when I was roaming around in Hyderabad, I found this second hand book shop close to our old home. I was damn sure that I will not get the book here too. But to my great surprise - the book was there and that too in a throw away price. I was thanking the book storekeeper so much and smiling the whole time from then. I shall finish the last few pages left soon - may be again in a similar journey from Secunderabad to Chennai 2 days later. Ain't I so lucky today?

People who read my blog might be knowing that Landmark store at Somajiguda in Hyderabad is my favorite place in the city. How can I not go there after coming all the way to Hyderabad. Yes this time I hit the shop and got another new novel about which I would come up with a different post altogether. Wish, my 2 more days in hyderabad go smoothly with more surprises and luck favoring me :)

6 comments:

  1. Really you are living in your small world Miss.Banu .....
    Your small world is awesome , just enjoy it . keep going .
    All the best ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your small world with small lil happiness! I love the fact that you are happy! And most importantly- Content!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Rajesh - Thanks for your kind words. Yup trying to enjoy in this small world and in the small life of ours.

    @ Sakshi -- Thank you dear !! Yes content ness is the thing that is being overlooked/missed by many. I am trying to always remind myself that being content is the mantra..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comment moderation has been enabled. All comments must be approved by the blog author.

    ஹி ஹி
    ஹி ஹி
    ஹி ஹி

    இதுக்காக ஒரு பதிவே போடா வேண்டியதா போச்சு

    http://rockzsrajesh.blogspot.com/2011/03/why-comment-moderation.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there...didnt know you weren't in Hyd anymore..... take care and have an awesome visit !

    ReplyDelete
  6. ur fav actress JOE returns a book in film MUGAVARI.....likewise ur happiness bounds when u got the missed book......

    ReplyDelete