Monday, August 30, 2010

Trip to Srisailam

It has been nearly 3 weeks after I am writing here about my trip to Srisailam. The monsoon showers in the catchment areas have filled up all the reservoirs of the state where I am residing. Having confirmed from a resource which said that the gates of Srisailam have been opened, we planned to view the beautiful dam site. We did not want to do a night stay in an unknown city; hence we decided to start early for the trip and return back on the same day. As per our schedule, we took the bus to Srisailam from Hyderabad’s Mahatma Gandhi Bus Station at 6’0 clock in the morning of August 14th. After my 3 year stay in Hyderabad, this was my first visit to MG Bus Station, as I never wish to travel by bus to any place. I always prefer trains rather than the state road transports. But this time, we had no other choice as the route had nearly 80 Kms of ghat section.

The Nallamala forest was just amazing and the weather was so pleasant. We reached the dam site by 12 after the zig zag cross ghat roads and the bumpy rides. The reservoir was nearly full but the gates have not been opened and I was so upset that I could not view the magnificent water gushing out of the gates. We had our lunch which we had taken from home in A.P Tourism Hotel. Surprisingly, the tourism facilities were neat and we spent much time in the back corridor of that hotel. From this place, we had a spectacular view of the reservoir and the Nallamala hills behind it. We went for a rope-car trip down the hill and a boat ride till the dam. The tourists were very less in these areas as most of the people were very eager to see SriSailam temple. We preferred enjoying the nature rather than standing in long queues to enter the sanctum sanctorum. I took lots of snaps and even after slowly visiting each spot, we had lots of idle time and we had to wait wait and wait and do nothing else to pass time. Finally as the clock struck 8, we boarded the bus for the return journey and reached home safely at early morning 3. The ride was quite a different experience and a bit tired too. I will have to upload the snaps in picasa soon.

9 comments:

  1. nice one it looks like you guys had lot of fun...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sound like an amazing place.. waiting to see it in your snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank u guys for ur kind comments. @Sakshi drop me ur mail id. will send u invite for the snaps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey.... so cool that you wrote about this.... I was planning to go there myself....

    good read !

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Mohit --- thank you.. Plan it before the monsoon ends. Heard that the gates also have been opened at the dam site.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm planning to go to Srisailam on Sep 17th APTDC, please let me know where do i get to stay in the night? Do they provide accomodation, or should we look for it ourselves?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ SaiKumar --- I didnot go through APTDC package. But I booked through AP transport regular bus services.

    We didnot stay over there for a night. I returned back the same day taking the 8 p.m bus from there. Getting Accomodation over there is very difficult. All were full and they dont have any kind of online booking.

    ReplyDelete