Wednesday, June 30, 2010

My Sins Against Gender Stereotypes

Happen to see this tag in IHM blog. Have you all wondered at any point of time in your life that why are some things meant for men and some for women. Though there have never been reservations for the gender in Education and Job anywhere in the world, there have always been restrictions/differences for both men and women for one or the other thing. I am not here to post my biased views neither I am going to curse any gender for their so called stereotypism. It is just a funny tag and I have to just list down atleast ten things which I have ever wanted or done which my gender is not supposed to and here they are

* I wish to choose my attire without spending much time in trial rooms and in front of the mirror.
* With the soccer worldcup around, my nights would have spent in front of tv cheering so well for my team.
* Gone for atleast 2 bike trips till date.
* Reached women's hostel after 9 at my college days
* Wouldnot have missed the parties which my friends are having at late nights
* Would have Slapped two guys right in their face at the road for reacting too much about traffic rules.
* Hated soft toys especially teddy bears
* Lazily spent the weekends entirely by browsing in the same posture.
* Made more friends without any hesitation.
* Given more emotional/physical support to my mom.

As per the tag, who ever does the tag is supposed to tag twelve blogging friends or else you will be cursed to wear blue clothes pants if you are a woman and pink shirts if you are a man – for next twelve years. Hence I hereby tag

Nil
Sulagna
Sakshi
Aishwarya
Cathy
QMT
Mohit
Anbarasan
Shayon
TBG
Vignesh
Bee'morgan

12 comments:

  1. Awesome read. I've been tagged twice already, and this is the third one.

    Too much pressure on my poor shoulders! Ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tagged, gonna pick it up soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Slapped two guys right in their face at the road for reacting too much about traffic rules."....it would have made a great scene...i wish i could have been there....n that makes u a real interesting person...

    nic blog btw...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Uncensored Raj ---- Yes that day those 2 guys created a huge scene even though I could not slap them. Thanks for dropping here at my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have slapped 2 guys as well.. Same Pinch ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Saranya, I had wanted to slap -- and did not do it :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. ahem...guys do spend time in front of the mirror (don't look at me) :P

    good one though :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like sombdy is envying all the fun we boys have. The title of the blog shud have been.. "Why shud boys have all the fun" :)) just kidding.. A Good read dear...

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey nice space you have here..these tags doing the rounds these days are so much fun..keep the good stuff coming in :)

    sovina

    http://weddingonthecards.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite interesting blog!
    Thanks for tagging me girl. Hope I do justice to it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Mohit --- guys spend a lot of time but girls spend a hell lot of time, a kind of patience many guys dont have. Thanks for dropping at my space

    @Bharat -- hahaha -- ya so much envying but at the same time, I am happy that I never did all those sins.

    @Sovina -- Thank you for your kind words.

    @Aishu -- thanks dear..

    ReplyDelete