Thursday, April 22, 2010

My trip to Chennai

I have been away from this space for quite a long time. I am getting slightly bored of reading so much articles as well as writing them down. The laziness in me and the time available for squeezing my blogging time to my schedule is also getting little difficult. But as I always do, I want to keep this as a bookmark of all nice and not so nice incidents in life.

After nearly 4 months gap, I made a plan to visit my state. I would rather not say it as home coz I didnot go to my home. My home has become my dad's home and the home over here in Hyderabad has become mine gradually. Such was the distance and the gap has been widened. The reason for the drift might take another huge post, but now its only about my trip to Chennai, the most humid city I have known. The trip was for initially just 2 days coz I didnot want to miss my weekend dance classes. But later I was ready to forego it for the sake of enjoying my land for another 2 days. I say it my land because people over there speak my mother tongue. I dont have any other sentiments towards it. Rather I just detest - totally detest its climate. I am not used to get sweated every minute of the day. I dont have energy to travel long time to reach different places in the city. I am not financially sound to pay the autowallas who really demand so much and we cannot bargain with them. At the same time I cannot travel in the local buses as I just hate the bus crowd.

The four day stay -- 2 nights in an a/c hotel room and 1 night in my uncle's place helped me forget the woes of routine life for a while. The intention of this trip is to watch IPL Match in Chennai. As the IPL matches have been shifted from Andhra{courtesy: Telangana issue}, we had this idea of why not watch in chennai, being ardent supporters of CSK. I had other reasons too like visiting my cousins, uncles, aunts, friends and of course shopping {How come I can think a trip without shopping}.

We had a nice treat given by my uncle on the first day. The reason for the treat is that my cousin has got admission to NUS for his Ph.D and has got a job too after the successful completion of his bachelor's degree. The same day was the IPL match -- the 50th match in IPL season 3 -- CSK Vs DD. We had got a right vantage point to see all the players. Viewing the match under the flood lights was awesome as usual. But to my bad luck, I could not see the team whom I support winning. In spite of that loss, all 10 people of us had a nice time.

The second day, I had been to Panagal Park, TNagar & Pondy Bazaar{These are all the famous shopping spots in Chennai}. I didnot shop much as I went to a bad mood in some silly thing which is not worth mentioning here :). Chk out my mehendi hand picture and tell me how is it? I had this done in Panagal Park road side... I had this chance to see the Elliot's Beach(aka Besant Nagar Beach) on the second day of my stay there. For a change, the beach was clean. Wow, chennai people are changing. I hope the shops and the crowd dont make the beach line dirty any more.

The third day morning after meeting one of my friends, I went to Spencer{one of the earliest opened Malls in India} - a huge shopping mall with all types of shops. Spent nearly half day there and then I was lucky this time - Mom bought me a gold jewellery, after spending nearly 3 hours in the jewellery shop. We all were very tired, rushed to hotel, checked out and took our baggage and then went to my uncle's house to see his new - born kid. The kid was soooo cute. I didnot have heart to bid bye to the baby but the trip is over and I am back to my state and back to my office without much tiredness. :)

8 comments:

  1. Hey Banu..nice post! Even I got my wedding mehandhi done from the guys on the road side opposite to Kumaran silks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice one Banu!! You missed me in this Blog! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. @saranya, I am really sorry dear ...I am editing the post now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to Chennai, though heard its very hot there

    ReplyDelete