Friday, November 6, 2009

India Vs Australia 5th ODI --- Rajiv Gandhi Internation Stadium Hyderabad

It would be pretty late to publish this post, but there are lots of reasons why it was postponed.

It was the first time I went to watch a ODI in a stadium and it turned out to be a terrific one to be cherished for a lifetime. I had been to the same stadium to watch a IPL match - Kolkata Vs Deccan. What magic do these camera men have in them to turn a sobre and dull looking stadium look like a lovely International ground in the TV sets at our homes.

Everything started good for me yesterday right from collecting tickets a week before, transportation to the stadium, finding a decent neighbour in the stadium, getting a correct vision to the pitch. Thanks to the perfect planning done by none other than my Mom. The day ended pretty well with no much tensions except for shelling out a few extra bucks to the auto fellow while returning home.
I had a vision earlier that Indians will lose this match. This I say so because Dhoni to whom I am a great fan will always love to end any series with a thrilling end (which I hope will be in Mumbai). My vision turned true to my dismay. Yes like any other Indian in Hyderabad, I also direly wanted the home team to win the match But we lost the toss and bowled so badly and allowed the Aussies set a huge target of 351, which our so called batsmen could not achieve.

The first half of the session was indeed a boring one as there were no wickets falling till nearly 25 overs. But I enjoyed identifying the players in the ground. (Jee Bharke Dekha Sabko)!!!! That was the only entertaining part and a few good fielding done by the Indian Players.

The half an hour break session was like a 2 hour wait :(. Lucky I was that my mom was beside me to chat with. Then started the superb batting by Sachin. I was on top of the world for every 4 and 6 and enjoyed thoroughly with a TIRANGA. Watching Sachin's record break of 17000 runs and 45th ODI hundred live was worth spending nearly 1K and 10 hours of time. I literally cursed 3 batsmen - Gambhir, Yuvaraj and Dhoni. They could have been a little more responsible.

In the Post-Mortem session of the match in office today, my manager gave a comment that "Ravindra Jadeja should be hanged" for a worst run-out. hahaha. I could never imagine such a comment.

After seeing such a crowd of nearly 40000 ardent Indian cricket fans in the stadium and a huge lot from their homes, I had a thought ---- Why is Cricket not our National game??? Be it our National game or not, it will remain my favourite pasttime for years to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment